Calvary’s Men’s Ministries: Raising up Faithful Men
“You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.” 2 Timothy 2:1-2
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.” Proverbs 27:17
Our mission is to develop relationships between men that will lead to spiritual growth and offer opportunities for service and outreach.
- Challenging men to grow in their faith based on the scriptures.
- Encouraging men to develop relationship with other Christian brothers.
- Equipping men to be godly leaders as husbands and fathers.
- Motivating men to serve in the church, community, around the world.
- Providing men with opportunities for fellowship, fun, and interaction.
Our Game Plan:
“Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom.” Colossians 3:16
Calvary’s Men’s Ministry provides educational opportunities for its participants to study the Bible and discuss Christian principles, applying them to all aspects of their daily lives. Through Bible studies and discussion participants will have the opportunity to fellowship with other men, obtain support, encouragement, and challenge from other men, and learn how to lead a contented and prosperous God-honoring life.
Wednesday Night Study
Each Wednesday throughout the school year men meet in the Fairmont Building from 6:15pm – 7:30pm in a
relaxed environment to pray and study the word of God.
–Wednesday Current Study: Study: Living a Worthy Life Learn more here.
Spending Time Together
“Let all things be done for building up.” 1 Corinthians 14:26
The Christian life was not meant to be solitary. Living in relationship with our families, co-workers, neighbors, church is both rewarding and challenging. Men’s Ministries helps to foster those relationships by encouraging marriages, offering family-oriented events, and providing opportunity to build relationships that extend beyond Calvary’s walls.
The Men’s Ministries team is planning events for men to fellowship and enjoy time in with the community. Past events have included Men’s Breakfasts, Iron Pigs and Phantoms games, Lehigh football and a Men’s Retreat. If you are interested in helping with any of these outings or have an idea for one, please contact Dave Marks at email@example.com.
“Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.” Philippians 2:4
“For who is the greater, one who reclines at table or one who serves? Is it not the one who reclines at the table? But I am among you as the one who serves.” Luke 22:27
Through selfless servanthood we are called by Christ to serve those around us, both inside and outside of the church, using our God given talents for His purpose. As men of God, we strive to serve our brothers with Christian love, so that in our efforts His name will be glorified. We will help men identify their gifts and implement them to honor Christ.
Service – Some of the areas in which Calvary’s men serve include:
- Allentown Rescue Mission – Provide food and hands for serving.
- Blood Drive- Annually provided by Miller Blood Center at our location.
- Work days- Working with our Building and Maintenance Committee to care for our property.
- Serving with our Deacons- Using our gifts to serve in conjunction with our deacons to care for the material needs of our elderly and less fortunate.
- Missions Trips- Serving with our mission’s teams under the lead of the Missions Committee.
In addition to what we do and how we serve locally, Calvary’s Men’s Ministries encourages participation with other BFC churches including the annual Sportsman’s Dinner at Nazareth, BFC, as well as interdenominational ministries such as the No Regrets Conference, Iron Sharpens Iron Conference, and Priority One Ministries.