The mission of our women's ministry is to know and proclaim truth through discipleship, fellowship, and service.
In viewing the model of the early church in Acts 2, believers in Christ were devoted to "the teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." True fellowship and service were an overflowing response of their devotion to the teaching of God's Word. The ongoing vision of women's ministry at Calvary is to see women grow in the knowledge of Truth through their commitment to discipleship, or grow as a follower of Christ. Specifically, we are committed to equipping women to grow in understanding our God-given design as women and living out our biblical calling within the church, home and community.
How do we accomplish this?
Discipleship: Through discipleship, we seek to encourage women's spiritual growth and development in understanding our God, His plan for redemption given in His Word, and His unique plans for women to glorify Him.
Discipleship opportunities include:
- Bible Study opportunities are listed here.
Fellowship: A vital aspect of the church is devotion to relationships with other believers. Scripture describes us as connected like branches on a vine (John 15) or stones built on stones (Ephesians 4.). Consider the opportunities our women's ministry provides for you to cultivate genuine, God-glorifying relationships with other women.
Fellowship Opportunities include:
- Ladies Night Out provides a monthly evening of interaction with women from Calvary. This is a great opportunity to bring a friend or meet another woman from Calvary.
- Advent Dinner is an event for ladies of all ages within Calvary and the community that provides an evening of worship and fellowship at the start of the Christmas season. This year it will be on December 1, more information to follow!
- Ladies Spring Retreat is a rich interaction with women of all ages. Enjoy an overnight stay at a retreat center where you will be sure to be spiritually challenged, physically refreshed, and experience meaningful fellowship. SIGN UPS ARE OPEN HERE!
- Service: Scripture states every believer has been given spiritual gifts that are used to strengthen the body of Christ (Ephesians 4; Romans 12; 1 Corinthians 12). The women's ministry at Calvary is committed to assisting women in identifying, equipping, and mobilizing their gifts in body life at Calvary. We view service as an overflowing response of worship and gratitude of Christ's service to His people. Our intention is that women's devotion to service will not precede their devotion to discipleship.
Service opportunities include:
- Hospitality Meals are a tangible act of service and fulfill the Biblical calling to share our resources and use our gifts to provide meals for families facing illness, child birth or grief.
- Prayer Chain allows us to receive email or phone updates of needs within the congregation and fulfill our command to pray for each other.
Ladies Informational Line (LIL) "LIL" is our women's E-group, providing current happenings at Calvary Church plus practical needs sent through email. Email the office at email@example.com to request to be added!
Additional Event information below calendar